Mobile Updater doesn't work via GPRS

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 13, 2007 at 7:22 PM
Edited Mar 13, 2007 at 7:24 PM
Hi,

I'm using Mobile updater block since a while, but last week I've found that everything is working fine but the update by gprs connection.

If the application is updated using Activesync connection, it works perfect. But If I try to update the same application using GPRS connection just doesn´t work. No error messages at all. The GPRS connection is open and that's all.

What could it be? With two identical (cloned) Devices at the same time, it works with activeSync and not with 3G/GPRS.

I don't have a clue ¿maybe the size of the file? The cab file is 2 Mb ¿anything in the App.conifg?

Any information woulb be appreciated

Thanks

Turg

PS: ¿Is there any other forum I can post this issue?
Coordinator
Mar 15, 2007 at 4:42 PM

Turgen wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Mobile updater block since a while, but last week I've found that everything is working fine but the update by gprs connection.

If the application is updated using Activesync connection, it works perfect. But If I try to update the same application using GPRS connection just doesn´t work. No error messages at all. The GPRS connection is open and that's all.

What could it be? With two identical (cloned) Devices at the same time, it works with activeSync and not with 3G/GPRS.

I don't have a clue ¿maybe the size of the file? The cab file is 2 Mb ¿anything in the App.conifg?

Any information woulb be appreciated

Thanks

Turg

PS: ¿Is there any other forum I can post this issue?

Hi Turg,
It looks like the GPRS connection is not active in the ConnectionMonitor configuration.
Are you using the Updater Agent? If that is the case, probably you can solve your problem replacing the "Connections" section in the App.config file with the following:

<Connections>
    <ConnectionItems>
      <add  Type="DesktopConnection" Price="1"/>
      <add  Type="NicConnection" Price="2"/>
      <add  Type="CellConnection" Price="3"/>
    </ConnectionItems>
  </Connections>

Please let us know if it works for you.

Thanks!
-Joe